KCCU coat drive a success
November 5, 2019
KCCU team gives back to the community
October 20, 2019
Kellogg Community Credit Union our annual Team Enrichment Day on October 14th this year. Our Team started the day with training and development, then finished the day volunteering for the United Way of Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region (UWBCKR).
Our entire Team worked diligently and enthusiastically to create a variety of items which will impact members of our communities in a positive way. We assembled over 2,800 First Aid Kits, and 50 warm blankets, which will primarily be distributed at the Homeless Health Fairs in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo. We created 300 T-Shirt Bags which will be used at Ministry with Community and other nonprofits servicing our homeless & transient populations. We put together 1,000 weekend snack packs that will go to Battle Creek public schools, so that kids have something to eat over the weekend.
“Our Team Enrichment Day has always been dedicated to bringing our entire team together for a day of learning and development so we can make our organization even stronger. We know that part of becoming stronger is not only serving our members, but also serving those in our community,” stated Tracy Miller, KCCU’s CEO. “Spending an afternoon volunteering is a great way for our Team to bond and give back to our communities, while helping the United Way accomplish their goals too.”
Volunteering our time to community organizations is part of KCCU’s culture, not only on Team Enrichment Day, but throughout the year. In 2018 the KCCU Team contributed over 700 hours of their time volunteering for a variety of community events and organizations.
New Metro Health Branch Now Open!
October 16, 2019
KCCU's just opened our newly built branch, just around the corner from previous branch located in the Grand Rapids Metro Health Village near the Family Fare and Metro Health Hospital. The new branch is located at 2270 Gezon Parkway SW, in Wyoming and offers a full array of services for all your financial needs including assistance with daily transactions, checking and loan services, mortgages, investment services, commercial accounts including lending, drive thru service, and a 24-hour drive up ATM.
Stop in an see us at our beautiful new location!
KCCU Annual Coat Drive Kicks Off
October 1, 2019
Kellogg Community Credit Union (KCCU) kicked off its annual coat drive to help the members of the communities in which they serve stay warm this winter. The coat drive will run from October 1st – 31st at every KCCU branch location.
KCCU is partnering with Charitable Union (Battle Creek), St. Joseph County United Way, Salvation Army (Kalamazoo County), Marshall Area Community Services (MACS), and Bethany Christian Services (Grand Rapids), to help provide coats and cold weather gear to those who may need assistance. Both new and gently used coats, hats, mittens, and scarves, that are clean and in good condition, will be accepted by these community partners. They will then distribute the items to local families in need for the upcoming winter season. All sizes are welcome from adults to infants, and everything in-between.
KCCU gives back
Kellogg Community Credit Union is proud to give back to the communities that we live in and serve by supporting the following charitable programs:
- The Charitable Union, Marshall Area Community Services (MACS), and Salvation Army – KCCU collected 239 coats for those in need.
- Food Drive / Shred Day – KCCU hosted a Community Shred Day and Food drive at two branch locations. 585 pounds of food was collected for local food banks. Plus, 49 trees were saved with the amount of paper that was shredded.
- Charitable Toy Drives – KCCU staff and members donated nearly 500 new toys for needy children in our community through The Salvation Army Angel Tree and Firefighters for Santa.
- School Donations – KCCU donated $2,500 to local schools as part of a school spirit day.
- Service Hours – KCCU team members contributed over 700 hours of their time volunteering for a varity of community events and organizatinos.
- United Way – KCCU and its employees generously donated $25,000 to the United Way of Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region! In addition, we hosted a diaper drive, pop-up giving event, and a book drive to benefit United Way partners.
KCCU also provided support and donations to many other local charities and non-profit service organizations in 2018 such as the American Cancer Society, Children’s Miracle Network, the YMCA, The Haven of Rest Ministries and many more.