health savings account
what is a HSA?
A Health Savings Account (HSA) from KCCU is a smart way to help manage your current and future health care cost! An HSA is a special tax-advantaged savings account*, similar to an IRA, but is designed for medical expenses and to help make healthcare more affordable.
You qualify for an HSA if you:
- Have a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Do not have any other major medical insurance coverage
- Are not enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent
benefits of a KCCU HSA
- Easy access to funds via free KCCU HSA debit card
- No fees for opening account
- Earn interest on tax-free funds
- No initial deposit or minimum balance requirement
- Monitor your account with KCCU’s online banking or our phone banking service
For more information, download the 2017 HSA Brochure
how to open a health savings account
Simply stop in at any of our branches or call a Member Service Representative at 269.968.9251.
*Consult your tax advisor regarding the tax advantages of a health savings account