Youth Certificates are a great way to help kids grow their savings.
what is a youth certificate?
Our Youth Certificates are high yield certificates, designed for kids age 0 to 17, to help them get a jump start on saving!
We offer three certificates based on age.
- Child Certificate ages 0-5
- Youth Certificate ages 6-12
- Teen Certificate ages 13-17
youth certificate benefits
Enjoy the benefits of a great rate and low minimum deposits.
- Annual Percentage Yield: 4.00%*
- Funds can be added any time throughout the life of the certificate
- Minimum deposit: $100
- Maximum deposit: $5000
- Dividends paid quarterly, back into the certificate
- Certificate matures on the child’s 6th, 13th, or 18th birthday, so term will vary
* Tier 1: A dividend rate of 3.94% will be paid on the portion of your average daily balance that is less than or equal to $5000.00. The annual percentage yield for this tier is 4.00%. Tier 2: A dividend rate of 0.00% will be paid on the portion of your average daily balance that is greater than $5000.00. The annual percentage yield for this tier will range from 1.33% to 4.00%, depending on the balance in the account.Child Certificate matures when the minor reaches age 6, the balance will then transfer into a Youth Certificate, Youth Certificate matures when the minor reaches age 13, the balance will then transfer into a Teen Certificate, and Teen Certificate matures when the minor reaches age 18, with the balance transferred the basic Share Savings Account. Other rates and terms available. Penalties may apply for early withdrawal. One certificate per member.