fraud prevention tips
- If you receive a call from number, you do not know, let it go to voicemail.
- Only call a number that you can verify is valid. You can find numbers for KCCU on your statement, on the back of your debit / credit card, or via the KCCU website
- Do not open emails or click on from suspicious addresses.
KCCU will NEVER:
- Call, email, or otherwise contact you to ask for your user name, password, or other online banking credentials
- Contact you to ask for your credit card or debit card number, PIN, or 3-digit security code
- Contact you to ask for your member number
- Verify your street address
- Verify the first or last four digits of your social security number
- Ask for your mother’s maiden name
- Ask for the last four digits of your card number
- Ask to verify the amount of your last transaction or payment
- Ask for your code word
When in doubt, reach out!
If you are ever uncomfortable with a call or message you receive, notice suspicious account activity, or experience security-related events, immediately contact KCCU at 269.968.9251 or 800.854.5421, or visit your local branch. We’re here to help.
« Return to "Blog"