mechanical repair coverage (MRC)
As your vehicle gets older and miles add up, will you be able to afford the repairs you need to keep your car on the road?
MRC can help limit the cost of repairs
You depend on your car. But big unexpected repairs can happen after your factory warranty expires. Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC) can help you limit the cost of any covered breakdowns. You pay only the applicable deductible, if any. MRC can help lighten the financial burden for you and the people you care about. Get MRC today so you can worry a little less about tomorrow.
Choose the plan that’s right for you.
Covers any covered breakdown except items listed under “what’s not covered.” Platinum components that are included:
- High-tech electronics & sensors
- Entertainment system
- Safety & security systems
- Convenience controls
Covers all silver plan components plus additional items:
- Power sear motor(s) and power
- Power window motor(s) and transmission(s)
- Power door lock actuator(s)
- Instruments and sensors
- Heater & A.C. blower motor
- Fuel tank
- Horn assembly
- Advanced hybrid/electric vehicle components
- Front wheel drive
- Rear wheel drive
- Steering (except rear wheel)
- Front suspension
- Air conditioning
- Basic hybrid/electric vehicle components
- Seals & gaskets
Benefits for covered repairs
- Limit repair costs to your deductible, if any.
- Choose your deductible*: $0, $100, $250 or $500.
- Rental reimbursement up to $35/day for 5 days (up to an additional 5 days (up to an additional 5 days with verified parts delay) from day one.
- 4-hour emergency roadside assistance up to $100 per occurrence. Includes towing, battery jumpstart, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance & lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement up to $200 per day for 1 -5 days for food, lodging and rental.2
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada.
- No out of pocket expense except any deductible. Plan pays the repair facility.
- Transferable to increase resale value. Only if sold privately. Subject to transfer fee.
- Cancel for full refund within 60 days.3
What’s not covered?
- Normal maintenance services and parts. Examples: batteries, belts, brake pads, exhaust, filters, fluids, wheels, wiper blades, etc.
- Abuse, misuse, and lack of proper maintenance. Body structure and parts. Examples: trim, molding, glass, paint, etc.
- Aftermarket equipment, components, systems or accessories not installed by the manufacturer.
- Normal wear and tear where no failure has occurred.
- Exclusions and limitations apply. See the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy for details
Get a quote or contact a member service representative today!
*Not every deductible option is available for all MRC Coverage Plans or Terms. 2 Only when a covered breakdown or collision occurs 100 miles or more from home. (Not available to NY residents.) 3 Full refund available only if coverage is unused in the first 60 days. If used or canceled after 60 days, refund is pro-rated less administrative fee. Cancellation administrative fees vary by state.
Disclosure: Mechanical Repair Coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in WA, where coverage is provided by National Product Care Company and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., in FL, LA and OK , where coverage is provided and administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023 and Oklahoma License #44198051) , all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago Illinois 60604, 800.752.6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In CA, where Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance (form MBIP 08/16), it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. Coverage varies by state. Replacement parts may be used or remanufactured. Be sure to read the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy, which will explain the exact terms, conditions, and exclusions of this voluntary product.